Things do not always go the way you plan — even in you are making cards.
For this month’s card swap, I wanted to make a pretty background and then stamp an image in the middle of it. It looked beautiful in my head.
I started by smearing several colors of Distress Paint onto my non-stick craft sheet. I spritzed it with water and then drug sheets of Specialty Stamping Paper through it. I randomly blotted them with paper towel and then dried with a heat gun.
The results were cool, but I wanted more. So, I smeared Distress Ink onto my non-stick craft sheet, spritzed it with water and ran the pieces through. I also added a bit more Brushed Pewter Distress Paint so I could get more metallic shine in the pieces. Again, I randomly blotted with a paper towel and then heat dried.
That was cool, but I didn’t think it was quite done. So I spritzed it with Perfect Pearls Mists.
After that dried, I was happy with the background and ready to stamp. So, I pulled out my stamp, made one impression and realized there is no way it would work. The stamp was too delicate to compete with the crazy background.
At this point, I was devastated. I had invested all of that time and energy into making 12 backgrounds and my idea was a total failure. I spent an entire day stressing over what to do. I was determined to use the backgrounds, but had no idea what to do.
With no vision in mind, I began pulling stuff out. I grabbed a stencil and some Metallic Silver Embossing Paste and coated the top of each card with it.
The next day, I added a few strips of Tissue Tape. Then, I punched out circles, die cut the word “Hello” and adhered them to the cards. I added a few Tiny Attacher Staples and some Glitter Dots.
Each card was slightly different, but I think they turned out well … even if they did take me three days to make!
These are all so very beautiful and unique! I love the backgrounds and the butterflies are a wonderful addition. You did a fabulous job darling even if it took 3 days. You can’t rush perfection!!!! Hugs, Robin