My baby will be 18 at the end of February. Although her birthday is still a few months away, I think she is looking forward to it more than Christmas. Well, at least she talks about it more than she does Christmas!
So, when Glue Dots® asked me to create some sort of birthday decoration, this popped into my head. I figure it is never to early to start making the decorations!
Oh, and there is a “gift” for everyone coming soon … Glue Dots® will be releasing a new product at CHA in January — Micro Glue Dots®. They are smaller than Mini Glue Dots® and are perfect for attaching letters and other tiny items. I have been using them for a few weeks and I have been loving them!
Anyhow, back to the sign …
Supplies used: Paper by Bo Bunny (brown) and Creative Imaginations (circle); cardstock by American Crafts; Cricut fonts: Opposites Attract and Doodletype; Sparkly Fluff; Art Glitter; Continuous Glue Lines®; Micro Glue Dots®; Craft Glue Dots®; Pop Up Glue Dots®; gem by Bo Bunny
Here’s how I made it:
1. Cover 12×12 sheet of cardboard with paper using Continuous Glue Lines®
2. Add circle paper with Craft Glue Dots®
3. Cut out letters & numbers from cardstock with Cricut; ink with Distress Ink to provide a bit of dimension and attach with Micro Glue Dots®
4. Print out 8×10 photo and trim; attach with Craft Glue Dots®
5. Cut out birthday hat from cardstock and ink edges to add dimension.
6. “Draw” stripes with Continuous Glue Lines® and add Sparkly Fluff. (Push the Sparkly Fluff into the lines before shaking off the excess to make it hold)
7. “Make” dots with Craft Glue Dots® and cover with Art Glitter.
8. Attach hat with Pop Up Glue Dots®
9. Add a gem to the top of the hat with Craft Glue Dots®
This post was created while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.